Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Official! I feel like a fitness instructor :-)

Dusty and I have searched long and hard for equipment to get me started on my journey of fitness instructing. As you all know the first type of instructing I will do is Turbo Kick. It's funny how you end up where you started. I remember getting up at 6 am when all the "big kids" and mom and dad got up to go to school and work to watch, and sometimes do, Mousercise :-) and here I am full circle trying to work towards getting up at 5 or 6 am again to take and teach Turbo Kick. I am doing better with my practicing but as you all know I freak out a little....OK OK....I freak out a lot when I start something new like this and put so much pressure on myself. But, as Dusty reminded me today that one of the reasons that it is so much fun to do Turbo is the FUN Factor! I need to lighten up and just have a blast with it and as soon as I do that, I will do awesome!

It's lots to remember and it's lots to do, but this is what I want to do so I gotta just relax and know that this is my time to learn the ropes and before you know it I will be amaza-za-zing :-) Hopefully next time I come home to visit I can go somewhere to do a class with some of you guys. Maybe Makayla, Isaac and Jackson again. They did so good!

We have invested in some professional audio equipment for me and it's also things that we can use in our future band room and family room. We have already hooked up this AWESOME PA to our tv and watched Jurassic Park through it and it was so flippin clear and loud....and I STILL fell asleep during the loudest most exciting part. (I swear I have a sleeping disorder....) The sucker's volume was only on a 2 and you could feel the vibrations of the dinosaur's roar sitting on the couch. It's like having surround sound. The thing takes me like 10 mins 0r less to set up and when we want to we whip it out for a movie. I am also considering another way to make money off of the equipment but more on that later.

My mic is actually wireless so there is no cords or belt pack I have to wear and so far it is serving me well. It feels really good to have it on and get used to the sound of my voice cause I used to not like my voice on a mic. Now I just don't even think about what I am hearing so much because I am trying to teach a class!
...and the back of my hair because you haven't seen it curly yet....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you could alway set it up in your driveway and make an infomercial.

Angela S said...

What a freaking awesome set up!

Dusty and Amy said...

ha ha ha I never thought of that. I guess the next purchase I need to make is a video camera....

Melissa said...

I can't wait for the infomercial. I'll buy your DVD's. :-) That is so cool that you have all of that. Have you talked to anyone in your area that where you could teach a turbo class? Or could you give some classes as a sort of trial run or something so you can get used to it? I wished you were here. You could come over with your PA system and get my butt out of bed early to work out. HA