Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Blessing at Old Navy

So Dusty and I were in line buying jeans because we both need them badly...actually he bought his at Kohl's and I went to Old Navy... A lady behind us gave us one of her coupons. It was an employee discount coupon for 20% off our entire order. It was so nice. I had been debating on whether or not to get this jacket/coat that was marked down to $25 and with that discount it was like getting it for free! I was VERY thankful!

That reminded me of mom because she is always doing things like that for strangers and also giving us kids her 15% off at Kohl's.

3 comments:

Angela S said...

Thats awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

This is what really happened right before the lady gave Amy the discount card:

The lady probably saw Dusty's unbrushed hair again and thought, "Oh look at this poor couple. I just wish there was something I could do for them. Look at his hair. Look at her teeth. Hummm; I know!! Ma'am, here you go!"
Sometimes we have the opportunity to serve others and it makes us feel great. But other times we are the object of service that our Heavenly Father uses for the benefit of others to serve us. What an opportunity!
Dusty, don't worry anymore if you don't feel like brushing your hair in the mornings. You just may be helping others and not even knowing it by letting them serve you.
You guys are great. I love you.
Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Not far from the truth, actually.

Amy had on this T-shirt that says, "My brother's buff." with a picture of her brother, Jeremy. Well, the riff between the shirt's picture of a scrawny guy and the shirt's declaration really must have won the woman's sympathy. So, thanks to a picture of a pasty guy on a t-shirt, Amy got hooked up. :-)

Dust-balla' "Shot-calla" Rhizzoads