Things I am hoping for:
- I get there on time
- I can show confidence and personality/showmanship I have learned through dance
- I can learn the cuing and teaching techniques great
- I will have the stamina it takes
- I will get GOLD certification....BUT at least pass :)
- and of course............I hope I don't pass out.....................seriously....................
I went into Gold's Gym the other day and asked about their application process etc. and got a schedule of their classes they teach......8 Turbo Kick classes already! WOW! I told the guy what I was getting certified in and he was like "Those classes are really hot." I was thinking about starting an exercise group at our Church for a month or so after getting certified to get me used to teaching in front of people and then start to go out and apply for places because then I could really feel confident.
Anyway, what I love about this is that it really is fun. It totally doesn't feel like a workout. DON'T GET ME WRONG it kicks your butt but I have been reading some instructor materials and it just focuses so much on creating an atmosphere of a party in your classroom. Motivating people, teaching great form and technique but always having fun!
Wish me luck!! It is going to be a blast!!! I will blog all about my experience next week. Who knows maybe when I come to visit you next we can do a class :)