Thursday, September 20, 2007

President Hinckley

I miss my family so much but it has been such a blessing to live here in Utah. On Tuesdays BYU shuts down campus for about an hour and a half so that all students and teachers and staff have the opportunity to go hear a devotional. They have general authorities speak, teachers etc. They always have wonderful topics and it's great if Dusty's gets a chance to go.

Tuesday President Hinckley came to BYU to speak and Dusty and I both got a chance to attend. I work right across the street from BYU and a co-worker and I left for our lunch break to go across the street to hear him speak! What a blessing!! I LOVE to hear him speak. I love to be in his presence and be reminded of what Heavenly Father wants of me. President Hinckley is such a beautiful reminder of what the priesthood, atonement and obeying the commandments can do in your life if you allow it to. Our personal testimony and relationship with Jesus Christ is what really matters and I love to hear our Prophet gently and lovingly remind us of that.

President Hinckley spoke mostly of the 13th Article of Faith and broke it down and expanded on what each section means to him.
13th We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul*We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

I would suggest that we all pause and reflect on what this means to you as an individual, a couple, a family and as a Church. I won't take the time to share my personal notes here....they are in my journal...but the Articles of Faith should be studied just as we do our scriptures.

I am grateful to have the Gospel. I am thankful to live here in Utah and take a lunch break to hear the Prophet. I am thankful to know that families are forever. I love you all and miss you even more!

No comments: