Monday, November 29, 2010

Colton at 10 months!

















Well this is late but whatever...Colton knows why it's late. :-) He's the one keeping me busy!

As you all know Colton starting walking at 9.5 months and he hasn't slowed down. He still loves watching TV (I know, I know) and he has started to interact with the shows he watches. It's so cute. At 10 months Colton still had 6 teeth, wearing 12 month clothes and size 3 and 4 shoes. (IF I get them on him) Diaper changes and clothes changes can't be over soon enough for the both of us. I actually had my dad video tape a diaper change because it's just absolutely ridiculous how much he HATES them and getting clothes on; diaper changes are worse though. Yes, I have tried every trick in the book...he just doesn't want to stop doing what he is doing to get 'er done. I want to cry if he poops in public and I have to change a diaper by myself. He sits straight up, screams, rolls, arches, grabs the poop......I just don't even know what to do. I always say, "Quick is the word and sharps the action." (from Master and Commander) with a smile on my face to try and make it pleasant but it goes the same every time.

Colton's personality is BIG and FLASHY and GO GO GO, non-stop, wants FUN, loves learning, he's a touchy-feeling baby who loves to be played with, held (on his terms of course), only gives kisses to the lucky few, is starting to wave bye-bye, wants to get down and help me push the cart at the grocery (did I mention he's 10 months???), and not only climbs on the dishwasher but now starts it all of the time...dirty or not. I don't see a way to cover the button...

Your big day to 1 year old is fast approaching, Colton. Thank you for the wonderful ride full of happiness and growth for our whole family. I miss you when you are sleeping and can't wait for you to wake up so I can see you and start new adventures each day!

1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

What a doll! He looks so much like you, Amy. I cannot believe how many milestones he is hitting so fast! Must be something in his milk!