Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Schedule Today...

Woke up at 5:15 AM was at my workout class by 5:50 am. Did weights and sculpting for an hour. Came home read scriptures, a chapter of a book, got dinner in the crock pot got ready for work etc. by 9am. Watched devotional with President Eyring for a break at work. Came home from work around 5:45 pm....this is where it gets bad.....ate two bowls of taco soup and cheesecake AND THEN went to another workout class at 8 pm. BAD IDEA!!! I felt s-i-c-k the entire time. At any moment I was a time bomb ready to explode. What possessed me to eat all of that before a workout? I am an idiot plain and simple. It won't be happening again that is fo sho.

Overall today was a great day though. On Tues / Thurs I will be working out at 6 am and then again at 8pm with another workout class on Sat mornings. It feels so good to get up and do that. I can tell that I won't be getting up as early tomorrow. And I can also tell that my body will be mega sore, but I am excited to try this out and see how it goes. I really want to train my body to be an early riser (yeah I know what you are thinking, dad...)

Now I just have to try to eat healthier. I really want to try hard. What are some of your tips for healthy eating on the go?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's hilarious. What a dork. Why would you eat that much knowing you were getting ready to work out. You were probably miserable! You learned your lesson though.

I find that when I prepare, I eat better. So like after you get home from the grocery, if you have veggies to snack on, separate them into baggies or containers that you can grab and go. If you make things over the weekend that keep well in the fridge or freeze well, that is the main thing for me. Just don't wait until the last minute. Think of things you like to eat, make what you can on the weekend or at least wash/cut up/separate what you can. That is one less thing you'll have to do and it makes life just a little easier.

Anonymous said...

Michael's motto for on the go is to super size it

Jason