Monday, July 16, 2007

Safety First

My sister just sent me over a website where you can search to see how many sex offenders live in your area. It is sad to see how many people are registered on these things. It's sick actually. I did a search in my area and there are 45 sex offenders in my tiny little zip code and two or three of them are just one street over!!! In my zip code for work there are 24.

As creepy as it is, I think it is equally important to look at their pictures (especially the ones that are so close by) so that you may be reminded of their photo if you are ever approached by them. Let's pray that we will NEVER have to deal with that in our lives, but if we do I hope that we can possibly even avoid a tragedy by being as knowledgeable as we can about who is in our neighborhoods.

I know there are several more people that aren't even registered as they should be, but this is a start and we should use the knowledge from this resource to protect our families. Check every so often in your same zip code, especially when you move, where you work etc. so that we can all be a little bit more prepared.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/states.htm#anchor198549

No comments: