Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cheapskate Stories

OK. I am not at liberty to yet say what happened because it was with a business affiliate of Dusty's but we just had a really big cheapskate experience with someone. I wanted to hear some of your cheapskate stories. They can be either someone was a cheapskate towards you or you were a cheapskate towards someone else.

If you are having a hard time getting your brain flowing. Here is an example.

On February 8, 1986 my father thought that he had the perfect birthday planned for my mother. The children were gathered around the table eagerly waiting to see what my dad got for my mother--the love of his life.

The scene was set: streamers, birthday cake, ice cream, children and...the video camera so that she will treasure the moment forever. Here we go!

Present #1) Pack of Spearmint EXTRA gum
Present #2) Another Pack of Spearmint EXTRA gum
(by the way her favorite was the dark blue kind :)
Present# 3) Rubbermaid Tupperware for the kitchen
Present# 4) Another set of Rubbermaid Tupperware for the kitchen

.......and that was it folks! My dad has been sending us kids DVDs of our old VHS tapes and this one just got him landed with the 1986 Cheapskate Award.


I KNOW that working with Michael at Mr. Gattis in the ghetto that there were too many stories to count that constituted Cheapskate Awards too but I want to hear a few from everyone.

I need some laughter in my day. So take it away and let me hear what ya got!

No comments: