Monday, March 27, 2006

Call for LDS stories...

Hello all.

I am letting you all know that I am writing a series of children's books. This is on a speck basis which means I write the series first and then pitch the idea and then see where it goes. We are going to pitch to Deseret first and take it from there. They are children's books for the church and I am so excited to be writing for this project.

In some of the series we are calling for "readers" to submit their own stories or stories of their family and friends. These submissions will be reviewed and then if your story is chosen, I will contact you with more details. I will have to edit these submissions and remember that this is for children and you don't have to write an elaborate entry. Please keep your entries simple and no longer than 1-1 1/2 pages (even one paragraph will do in some cases). Please include basic principles like kindness, love, forgiveness etc. as well as heroic acts and deeds.

More details will come to those whose entries are chosen. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all. Some guidelines are below:

* Do you have a pioneer story to tell? Were your ancestor's pioneers? How are they an example to you? Do you remember a heroic act they did? Please submit a story about your pioneer.

* Did you or someone you know serve a mission? It could be a ward missionary, couple's mission, husband's mission, member missionary experience etc... Please give name, dates served (i.e. 1999-2001) and where served (i.e. Santiago, Chile) Tell me about an event/deed/act of kindness etc. where they served.
(Blessed sick/baptized someone/saved a little boy that was drowning...anything along these lines...)

* Who has done an act of kindness for you? Did they introduce you to the church? Did they help you when you were having a bad day? Did they babysit so you could go to the temple?...

By submitting your stories, you are giving me permission to edit them, shorten them etc. Before anything is published, you will get the chance to review your story within the context of the book and give me the OK and work with me on any changes that you want to see made.

I know that we can all think of something or someone in our lives that we can write about pertaining to this--even ourselves and our own experiences. Please take the time to jot something down and pass it along to your friends. The more stories the better. Again if you have any questions email me or post a comment on this blog.

Amy

No comments: